miércoles, 19 de enero de 2022

Slechtvalk- The War that Plagues the Land

 



Of Slumber and Death    

We are called upon to go to war

Our banners raised high, we march on

Our steel glinting in the setting sun

Death can't stop us from achieving victory

 

When we finished to set up our encampment,

I was appointed to be the first to guard

As my men closed their eyes to sleep,

I warmed myself at a small fire

 

Then a deep sleep overwhelmed me

"He tried to fight it, but he failed"

And then our enemies approached

But no one noticed them, for all were asleep

Silently they slit their throats, leaving one alive

Their captain was spared for another day

 

Suddenly I awaken from my sleep

I call for my men for the morning has come

But when I look around me, I see them

All slaughtered, but I am still alive

I wander between the corpses of my men

Abhorred by this carnage, I ask myself

What has happened to my men?

Slowly I return to where the castle is of the king,

whom I must tell of my failure, the death of his men

I fear the judgment that awaits me

Of Slumber and Death

Estamos llamados a ir a la guerra

Nuestras banderas levantadas en alto, marchamos

Nuestro acero brillando bajo el sol poniente

La muerte no puede evitar que logremos la victoria

 

Cuando terminamos de montar nuestro campamento,

Fui designado para ser el primero en vigilar

Mientras mis hombres cerraban los ojos para dormir,

Me calenté en un pequeño fuego

 

Entonces un sueño profundo me abrumo

"Trató de luchar, pero falló"

Y luego nuestros enemigos se acercaron

Pero nadie los notó, porque todos dormían

Silenciosamente los degollaban, dejando a uno vivo

Su capitán se salvó por otro día

 

De repente me despierto de mi sueño

Llamo a mis hombres porque ha llegado la mañana

Pero cuando miro a mi alrededor, los veo

Todos masacrados, pero sigo vivo

Deambulo entre los cadáveres de mis hombres

Aborrecido por esta carnicería, me pregunto

¿Qué les ha pasado a mis hombres?

Poco a poco vuelvo a donde está el castillo del rey,

a quien debo contar mi fracaso, la muerte de sus hombres

Temo el juicio que me espera

A Plea for the King

My king, hear my plea as I kneel before thee

In the last hour of my watch I have fallen asleep

When darkness came, I did not protect them

When they were struck with panic, I did not admonish them

And when death came, I was too late to save them

Do not hold me accountable for their deaths

Do not forsake me in my darkest hour

For darkness comes to me, rebellion strides with me

And I feel death following me

 

“Open your eyes and then you will see

that their deaths were merely an illusion”

You must know of what I speak…”

Death is only an illusion!

“…and the wrongs you have done already have been forgiven,

although it saddens me to see you like this…”

I already have been forgiven!

 

Although my King has shown me mercy,

how come I can't forgive myself?

For the crime I have committed,

I should have been punished by death

A Plea for the King

Mi rey, escucha mi súplica mientras me arrodillo ante ti

En la última hora de mi reloj me he quedado dormido

Cuando llegó la oscuridad, no los protegí

Cuando fueron atacados por el pánico, no los amonesté

Y cuando llegó la muerte, era demasiado tarde para salvarlos

No me hagas responsable de sus muertes

No me abandones en mi hora mas oscura

Porque la oscuridad me llega, la rebelión me acompaña

Y siento la muerte siguiéndome

 

“Abre los ojos y verás

que sus muertes fueron solo una ilusión "

Debes saber de lo que hablo ... "

¡La muerte es solo una ilusión!

“… Y los males que has hecho ya han sido perdonados,

aunque me entristece verte así ... "

¡Ya ha sido perdonado!

 

Aunque mi Rey me ha mostrado misericordia,

¿cómo es que no me puedo perdonar?

Por el crimen que he cometido

Debería haber sido castigado con la muerte

From Behind the Trees

Now I wander in the forest to find my peace

Fighting the haunting memories of the past

Trying to realize the greatness of the forgiveness bestowed on my heart

which is darkened with sorrow

At last its meaning seems to grasp me

With newfound strength I carry on,

unaware of the danger that lurks from behind the trees

and the certain death that seems to await me

 

From behind the trees, two arrows were sent on an intercept course

to weaken the noble warrior for the battle that lies ahead

Dark souls left the shadows to surround me

With eyes full of hate they called to me

Feeling reluctant to leave me without a fight

As if the arrows were not deadly enough

 

The slow poison of the arrows is taking me into death's embrace

I feel a shiver through my stomach as an axe found its way through the flesh

As I drop on my knees, I see my attackers run away,

no doubt on another mission of chaos and mayhem

The dragon will only lead them into the black abyss

But I fear they do not know their own destiny

 

Soon I will die alone, left behind in this cold forest

Yet I am not afraid of death, for I know what lies beyond

From Behind the Trees

Ahora deambulo por el bosque para encontrar mi paz

Luchando contra los inquietantes recuerdos del pasado

Tratando de darme cuenta de la grandeza del perdón otorgado a mi corazón

que se oscurece de dolor

Por fin su significado parece captarme

Con nueva fuerza sigo adelante

inconsciente del peligro que acecha detrás de los árboles

y la muerte segura que parece aguardarme

 

Desde detrás de los árboles, se enviaron dos flechas en un curso de intercepción

para debilitar al noble guerrero para la batalla que se avecina

Las almas oscuras dejaron las sombras para rodearme

Con ojos llenos de odio me llamaron

Sintiéndome reacio a dejarme sin luchar

Como si las flechas no fueran lo suficientemente mortales

 

El lento veneno de las flechas me lleva al abrazo de la muerte

Siento un escalofrío en el estómago cuando un hacha se abrió camino a través de la carne.

Mientras caigo de rodillas, veo a mis atacantes huir

sin duda en otra misión de caos

El dragón solo los conducirá al abismo negro.

Pero me temo que no conocen su propio destino

 

Pronto moriré solo, dejado atrás en este bosque frío

Sin embargo, no le temo a la muerte, porque sé lo que hay más allá

My Last Call

Silence! The screams that haunted me have returned

Crawling! I feel their claws scratching my brain

Destiny! Final Death awaits

Coming! I see Grim Reaper's face

 

A freezing wind cuts through my wounds like sharp razors

The pain it inflicts is making me go insane

 

Even now moments before my death, evil tries to lead me astray

Making me false promises in the hope I fall for his ways

 

I feel an infection coming in through my wounds - The end has begun for me

There is little hope for me to survive my great demise

Again I hear the voice which calls me His son

But then the screams that haunted me returned again

 

“It is time to accept what you are:

nothing more than a sinful creature who is afraid of the night

Salvation of death, it's just a lie you believe in

to make it easier to face the unknown”

 

Now in the cold-blooded snow,

I lie trembling with fear of my death

Death approaches me with a scythe in hand,

waiting for the moment to harvest his crop

I sent my falcon away to get some help,

but I already knew it would come too late

 

Things are seldom what they seem

The end is in fact just a beginning

For my spirit has become immortal

through the blood of He who was slain before me

The fire in my eyes is extinguishing slowly

My life is at an end, my death is at hand

I have lost all feeling, my wounds stopped bleeding

My flesh is frozen by the wind

Memories from times long ago are passing by

My father, my liege I think I must cry

For my heart is faltering, my spirit is leaving

With my dying breath, I make my last call

My Last Call

¡Silencio! Los gritos que me perseguían han vuelto

¡Arrastrándose!

Siento sus garras rascando mi cerebro

¡Destino! La muerte final espera

¡Viniendo! Veo la cara del Grim Reaper

 

Un viento helado atraviesa mis heridas como navajas afiladas

El dolor que inflige me está volviendo loco

 

Incluso ahora, momentos antes de mi muerte, el mal intenta desviarme

Haciéndome falsas promesas con la esperanza de que caiga en sus caminos

 

Siento una infección entrando por mis heridas - El final ha comenzado para mí

Hay pocas esperanzas de sobrevivir a mi gran desaparición.

De nuevo escucho la voz que me llama Su hijo

Pero luego volvieron los gritos que me perseguían

 

“Es hora de aceptar lo que eres:

nada más que una criatura pecadora que teme a la noche

Salvación de la muerte, es solo una mentira en la que crees

para que sea más fácil enfrentar lo desconocido "

 

Ahora en la nieve, sangre fría

Yazco temblando de miedo a mi muerte

La muerte se me acerca con una guadaña en la mano

esperando el momento de cosechar su cosecha

Envié a mi halcón para que me ayudara

pero ya sabía que llegaría demasiado tarde

 

Las cosas rara vez son lo que parecen

El final es de hecho solo un comienzo

Porque mi espíritu se ha vuelto inmortal

a través de la sangre de Aquel que fue asesinado antes que yo

El fuego en mis ojos se apaga lentamente

Mi vida se acaba, mi muerte se acerca

He perdido todo sentimiento, mis heridas dejaron de sangrar

Mi carne está congelada por el viento

Los recuerdos de tiempos lejanos están pasando

Mi padre mi señor creo que debo llorar

Porque mi corazón se tambalea, mi espíritu se va

Con mi último aliento, hago mi última llamada

The Falcon's Flight

The Falcon's Flight

A Call in the Night

Cold sharp hail is blown into my face by a storming wind

I take shelter in a small wooden church near the black woods

A choir sings some songs of praise and worship for their Lord

For a while it makes me forget the sorrow I am in

 

“In distress we call to Thee

We await Thy return, for the forces of evil are closing in upon us

But with Thy help we can live beyond our lives' end

O Lord, accept our gratitude for Thy sacrifice”

 

I hear a call in the distance

It startles me, for it seems like the call of a dying man

I ascend my horse as we leave our shelter to challenge the raging storms

I hear the shrieks of a falcon from within the fog ahead of us

 

Amazed to hear a falcon's shriek in this time of year,

I ride towards the branch on which the falcon sits

I feel a cold shiver as I enter the forest in search of this man

with the falcon as my guide and a bastard sword at my side

A strange feeling that makes me a bit sick tells me I am near

the source of that horrible scream which I heard a short while ago

 

The slain body of a warrior is what I find here

It looks a bit familiar, but I can’t seem to grasp it

Death takes even the best of us away from the world of the living

I wonder what the cause was for the death of this man

“Dost thou not see the war that plagues the land?

Our enemies gather before our beloved city”

 

His face carries a strange expression

He seems to have been content

I wonder if there's more to it

Is there a truth in the books of old?

A Call in the Night

Granizo frío y agudo me golpea la cara con un viento tormentoso

Me refugio en una pequeña iglesia de madera cerca del bosque negro

Un coro canta algunos cantos de alabanza y adoración a su Señor.

Por un tiempo me hace olvidar la pena en la que estoy

 

“En la angustia te llamamos

Esperamos tu regreso, porque las fuerzas del mal se acercan a nosotros

Pero con tu ayuda podemos vivir más allá del final de nuestras vidas

Oh Señor, acepta nuestra gratitud por Tu sacrificio”

 

Escucho una llamada en la distancia

Me sobresalta porque parece la llamada de un moribundo

Subo a mi caballo mientras dejamos nuestro refugio para desafiar las furiosas tormentas

Escucho los chillidos de un halcón desde dentro de la niebla delante de nosotros

 

Asombrado de escuchar el chillido de un halcón en esta época del año,

Cabalgo hacia la rama en la que se sienta el halcón

Siento un escalofrío cuando entro al bosque en busca de este hombre

con el halcón como mi guía y una espada bastarda a mi lado

Una extraña sensación que me enferma un poco me dice que estoy cerca

la fuente de ese horrible grito que escuché hace poco

 

El cuerpo asesinado de un guerrero es lo que encuentro aquí

Parece un poco familiar, pero parece que no puedo entenderlo

La muerte nos aleja del mundo de los vivos hasta lo mejor de nosotros

Me pregunto cuál fue la causa de la muerte de este hombre.

“¿No ves la guerra que asola la tierra?

Nuestros enemigos se reúnen ante nuestra amada ciudad”

 

Su rostro tiene una expresión extraña

Parece haber estado contento

Me pregunto si hay más

¿Hay algo de verdad en los libros de antaño?

And Thus It Burns

This man, once a warrior of great stature

I cannot leave him behind, so I carefully lay him on the back of my horse

And then I notice the royal emblem

With this knowledge I return to the small wooden church,

so he might be given the proper burial he deserves

 

Then my senses pick up the stench of burning flesh

I see a yellow glare ahead, screams that slowly fade away

A nightmare has unfolded itself

This horror can't be a coincidence

 

And thus it burns, the church where I sheltered for the hail

The doors seem locked

The saints, whose songs soothed me,

were killed by the blazing fire

And Thus It Burns

Este hombre, una vez un guerrero de gran estatura

No puedo dejarlo atrás, así que lo acuesto con cuidado en el lomo de mi caballo.

Y luego noto el emblema real

Con este conocimiento regreso a la pequeña iglesia de madera,

para que se le dé el entierro adecuado que se merece

 

Entonces mis sentidos captan el hedor a carne quemada

Veo un resplandor amarillo adelante, gritos que se desvanecen lentamente

Una pesadilla se ha desarrollado

Este horror no puede ser una coincidencia

 

Y así arde, la iglesia donde me refugié por el granizo

Las puertas parecen cerradas

Los santos, cuyas canciones me tranquilizaron,

fueron asesinados por el fuego ardiente

Burying the Dead 

When the fire finally extinguished in the morning sun,

I gathered the remnants of the choir who were slain

This cowardly slaughter I fail to grasp it all

They could not even defend themselves!

What beasts were they who did this to these saints?

The need for them to die, I wonder why

 

"Dost thou not see the war that plagues the land,

the dragon's campaign to conquer this world?"

Seven bodies, seven graves I digged for them

"For dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return"

Under the setting sun I buried the last one

"My children, now come to Me"

 

In these times of darkness,

where the dragon attempts to overthrow the kingdom of light,

in secret the final defeat of the dragon is being prepared

Burying the Dead 

Cuando el fuego finalmente se extinguió en el sol de la mañana,

Reuní los restos del coro que fueron asesinados

Esta masacre cobarde, no logro comprenderlo todo

¡Ni siquiera pudieron defenderse!

¿Qué bestias eran las que les hicieron esto a estos santos?

La necesidad de que mueran, me pregunto por qué

 

"¿No ves la guerra que asola la tierra,

la campaña del dragón para conquistar este mundo? "

Siete cuerpos, siete tumbas que cavé para ellos

"Porque polvo eres, y al polvo volverás"

Bajo el sol poniente enterré al último

"Hijos Míos, ahora venid a Mí"

 

En estos tiempos de oscuridad

donde el dragón intenta derrocar el reino de la luz,

en secreto se prepara la derrota final del dragón

War of the Ancients

The winter sun shines upon the path that lies before me

It leads into the forests of the royal domains

The smoldering ruins of the church,

I leave behind as I continue on my journey

Screams that cut through my bones,

I hear coming from the woods nearby

Fear makes my strength disappear

My feet are frozen to the ground

Hear the forest fall silent once the screams faded away

I wonder what has happened over there

 

Slowly I overcome my fear and once again,

I let myself be led by my curiosity into the forest,

wondering what I'll find this time

 

'The dark shadows, the sons of the dragon who had killed the saints,

were brutally slaughtered by the wild beasts that inhabit the forest.

Their corpses torn by claws and fangs,

a death so horrid as the one they brought to the king's men two nights before."

A strange feeling of justice enters my mind

as I see the remnants of the dragon's children

 

The war of the ancients is at its peak

It rages on in all lands, there’s no escape from it

A choice must be made for the ones that wander about

Time passes quickly: soon the war will come to its end

The window of opportunity is getting slim and soon it might be too late

War of the Ancients

El sol de invierno brilla sobre el camino que se extiende ante mí

Conduce a los bosques de los dominios reales.

Las ruinas humeantes de la iglesia,

Dejo atrás mientras continúo mi viaje

Gritos que cortan mis huesos

Oigo viniendo del bosque cercano

El miedo hace desaparecer mi fuerza

Mis pies están congelados en el suelo

Escuche el bosque en silencio una vez que los gritos se desvanecieron

Me pregunto qué ha pasado allí

 

Poco a poco supere mi miedo y una vez más,

Me dejo llevar por mi curiosidad al bosque,

preguntándome que encontraré esta vez

 

'Las sombras oscuras, los hijos del dragón que habían matado a los santos,

Fueron brutalmente masacrados por las fieras que habitan el bosque.

Sus cadáveres desgarrados por garras y colmillos,

una muerte tan espantosa como la que dieron a los hombres del rey dos noches antes ".

Un extraño sentimiento de justicia entra en mi mente

Cuando veo los restos de los hijos del dragón

 

La guerra de los antiguos está en su apogeo

Se enfurece en todas las tierras, no hay escapatoria

Hay que hacer una elección para los que deambulan

El tiempo pasa rápido: pronto la guerra llegará a su fin

La ventana de oportunidad se está reduciendo y pronto podría ser demasiado tarde

The Dragon's Children    

What have we done, us children of the ancient dragon

whose lives ended by the scythe of death?

Where are our earned virtue, the endless feast and women?

We now only meet Darkness in these mists

Why have we fallen for the lies of the dragon

and condemned our souls into his void?

Endless torture of our souls

Eternal despair has commenced

 

Our destiny, the flames around us lit it all

In the distance we once heard faint songs of praise

coming from the King's court, where they knew no sorrow

But no one could deny the eternal screams of horror

 

What have we done, us children of the ancient dragon,

misled by the many lies of the beast?

Now we dwell where we did not want to be

Insanity, despair, horror ever ongoing

The Dragon's Children

¿Qué hemos hecho nosotros, hijos del antiguo dragón?

cuyas vidas terminaron con la guadaña de la muerte?

¿Dónde están nuestra virtud ganada, la fiesta sin fin y las mujeres?

Ahora solo nos encontramos con Oscuridad en estas brumas

¿Por qué nos hemos enamorado de las mentiras del dragón?

y condenado nuestras almas a su vacío?

Tortura sin fin de nuestras almas

Ha comenzado la eterna desesperación

 

Nuestro destino, las llamas a nuestro alrededor lo encendieron todo

En la distancia, una vez escuchamos débiles canciones de alabanza

viniendo de la corte del Rey, donde no conocieron el dolor

Pero nadie pudo negar los eternos gritos de horror

 

¿Qué hemos hecho nosotros, hijos del antiguo dragón,

engañados por las muchas mentiras de la bestia?

Ahora vivimos donde no queríamos estar

Locura, desesperación, horror por siempre

In Paradisum

[Latin]

“In paradisum deducant te Angeli.

In tuo adventu suscipiant te Martyers,

et perducant te in civitatem sanctam Jerusalem.

Chorus Angelorum te suscipiat,

et cum Lazaro quondam paupere,

aeternam habeas requiem.”

 

[English:]

May the angels lead you into paradise.

May the martyrs receive you in your coming,

and may they guide you into the holy city, Jerusalem.

May the chorus of angels receive you,

and with Lazarus once poor,

may you have eternal rest.

In Paradisum

Que los ángeles te lleven al paraíso.

Que los mártires te reciban en tu venida,

Y que te guíen a la ciudad santa de Jerusalén.

Que el coro de ángeles te reciba,

y con Lázaro, una vez pobre

que tengas descanso eterno.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario